The most common mistakes people make when using an auto transport service
When transporting your vehicle, there is no shortage of car transport companies vying for your business. With so many options in the market today, it’s essential to approach the selection process cautiously and choose wisely. The last thing you want is to entrust your valuable vehicle to a subpar company that may compromise its safety or provide unsatisfactory service. This blog will highlight the key mistakes to avoid when selecting a car transport company. Avoiding these common pitfalls can ensure a smooth and successful vehicle transportation experience.
Here are the three biggest mistakes most people make when choosing a car transport company.
- Choose a Company Based Solely on Price
One of the biggest mistakes to avoid when selecting a car transport company is solely focusing on the cheapest price. While considering your budget is important, it should not be the sole determining factor. Balancing cost and the company’s reputation, reliability, and services is essential.
In Australia, the cost of car shipping can vary significantly from one company to another. To ensure you receive value for your money, it’s advisable to assess the quote using an online shipping quote calculator. This tool lets you calculate the approximate cost of moving your car to a particular region, allowing you to make a more informed decision based on the company’s overall value rather than solely focusing on the initial cost. Considering the car transport company’s price and reputation, you can select a reliable and trustworthy service provider that meets your budgetary needs while ensuring your vehicle’s safe and secure transportation.
- Paying a Deposit Upfront
Another common mistake to avoid when selecting a car transport company is paying a substantial deposit upfront without thorough research. Reputable companies typically require only a small deposit or no deposit until the service is rendered. However, non-reputable companies may ask for a deposit when placing your shipping order. Also, they may ask you to sign a contract that mentions that the deposit is non-refundable, even if they fail to move your vehicle.
You must carefully read the company’s payment terms to protect yourself from frauds or subpar services. Reputable companies often require payment according to agreed-upon milestones or upon vehicle delivery. Some reputable companies even allow you to pay the full vehicle shipping price after the delivery. A trustworthy company will only request a deposit once you have chosen the pick-up date, and they should refund the deposit if they cannot deliver your car.
By being cautious with upfront payments and understanding the company’s refund policies, you can safeguard yourself from financial vulnerability and ensure that you only make payments when it aligns with the agreed-upon terms and the successful delivery of your vehicle.
- Not Conducting Adequate Research
When choosing a car transport company, conducting adequate research is paramount. You may need more than simply relying on a company’s marketing materials or website to understand its reliability and service quality. It would help if you researched the company extensively to make an informed decision. It is advisable to check for the following when conducting research:
- Company Reputation and Customer Reviews: Take the time to explore the company’s reputation and customer reviews. Look for independent platforms, such as review websites or forums, where customers share their experiences. This will help you understand how well a company has performed in the past and whether it has managed to impress its customers.
- Industry Experience: Consider the company’s industry experience. A well-established car transport company with years of experience will have a solid foundation and proven expertise in handling vehicle transportation.
- Licensing and Insurance: Verify that the company holds the necessary licenses and permits to operate as a car transport service provider. Additionally, ensure they carry appropriate insurance coverage to protect your vehicle during transit. Request proof of licensing and insurance certificates if needed.
- Adherence to Regulations: Confirm that the company complies with industry regulations and follows all legal requirements for car transportation. This includes adhering to safety standards, documentation, and any specific regulations the relevant authorities impose.
- Additional Services and Amenities: If you have specific requirements, such as enclosed transport or expedited shipping, check if the company offers such services. Learning about all their services can help you choose a company that aligns with your needs.
Regarding moving, shipping a car is undoubtedly one of the more significant tasks. However, carefully planning and avoiding common mistakes can ensure a smooth and efficient moving experience.
At Auto Mover, we understand the importance of a reliable and hassle-free car transportation service. As experts in the field, we are dedicated to offering quality services that will impress you.
Don’t let car shipping become a daunting task during your move. Contact us today to discuss your specific requirements and receive a personalised quote.